A young bear has been visiting a portion of eastern Glenshire and seems to have created a daily routine. For the sake of the bear’s health and our safety, it’s important we de-condition this youngster. WE ALL need to take precautions NOW, before it’s too late!
- Remove bird feeders and seed, storing where bear can’t smell them for 24 hrs/day, over the next few weeks
- Leave garage doors closed if food stored there, including freezers refrigerators, pet food and trash
- Don’t leave food in your vehicle
- Close home windows and lock doors
- Put trash out the morning of pick up, never the night before
- Use bear resistant garbage cans if possible