GDRA 2022 SWIM LESSONS
(2022 swim lesson schedule will be posted after the pool is re-opened. Thanks for your patience!)
Online Reservations system will be live soon!
*Ages 4 and older
*Lessons are $45.00 per student per session
Swim Lesson Sessions:
- Session 1: 6/23/21-6/25/21
- Session 2: 6/30/21-7/2/21
- Session 3: 7/7/21-7/9/21
- Session 4: 7/14/21-7/16/21
- Session 5: 8/4/21-8/6/21
- Session 6: 8/11/21-8/13/21
- Session 7: 8/18/21-8/20/21
- Session 8: 8/25/21-8/27/21
Swim Lesson Levels:
- Level 1
- For the beginner who is comfortable in the water.
- Swimmers learn basics of swimming: bobbing, going under water, supported front and back floating, supported rolling over from front to back and back to front, supported gliding , supported flutter kick, supported front crawl arms, and jumping in.
- Level 2
- Swimmers should already be able to float on front and back and put their head under water.
- Swimmers will work on independent front and back floating , independent rolling over from front to back and back to front, independent front and back glides, front crawl arms and kicks, back crawl arms and kicks, retrieving underwater objects, and jumping into water over their head.
- Level 3
- Swimmers should already be comfortable swimming front stroke and swimming on their back.
- Swimmers will work on gliding, freestyle with side breathing, backstroke, breast stroke and dolphin kicks, retrieving objects in deeper water, treading water, jumping into deep water and compact dives.
- Level 4
- Swimmers should already be able to: swim front and back crawl 25 yards.
- Swimmers will work on rotary breathing, freestyle, backstroke, elementary backstroke, scissors kick and sidestroke, whip kick and breaststroke, intro to turning at wall, treading water with modified scissors, and diving in kneeling position.